Saturday, November 15, 2008

I sunk my teeth into Gears of War 2. This game is seriously amazing. Graphically impressive, epic story, passible dialog, and immersive gameplay. It's got its tense moments, emotional moments, epic moments. It's all there, it's sci-fi, and it's amazing. Kudos to Epic and Microsoft Gaming Studios. This is me bowing to you..... but now the gripes. Frame rate dips? Are you !&#*@&@# kidding me? This game was released for ONE console with ONE type of GPU and ONE type of CPU. How can it have frame rate dips? In fact, while I'm tearing the gaming industry apart for system delays when the hardware specs are consistent, let me divert, for a moment, some frustration towards the damnable software engineers responsible for the firmware on the Zune and iPod. Seriously! Why do these devices have frame rate dips? It's not as if there are several hardware configurations that should effect this kind of performance. You have ONE spec! One! Get it right! Why do I have to wait a few seconds for menus to load? I just want to see a frick'n song list. Is it too much to ask for these devices to do what they were meant to do, quickly, conveniently, and without hassle? Why do they jam? The DS and the PSP run games... GAMES!... faster than these worthless music players can access a flipp'n song list. Does that even remotely make sense? At all?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, wow Steve. You sound bipolar but I still love you :)

<3 Aud